Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Stirring in my heart

I feel Gods presence in me like no other which is rare for me in the winter because I usually struggle with depression during this time. I recently had an experience at a conference called "Passion" this place had some of the best speakers and worship leaders but even beyond that I felt Gods spirit working in me at this place. There were 21,000 people at this place and about 75% of them were college students. You can see on the picture on the left just how many people there are and that's not even all of them. I felt like I experienced the kingdom of heaven when you see this many people just praising God in multiple ways. I heard a lot of messages that were tough to swallow but Francis Chan really gave one that I felt the spirit really convicting me. He talked a lot about suffering and wanting to suffer for the sake of Christ because it brings intimacy with him. This is an area I don't experience enough in my life but I want it because it is so biblical that when we lose our life we gain life. This is an area where I am just trying to let God change my heart.

Tonight was good though. I met up with my good friend Mikey whom I haven't seen in 3 weeks which is a really long time! It was good just hearing about his trip and his relationship with Janice. What they have is beautiful and Christ centered. My prayer is that if I were to be in a relationship that it would have the same foundation they have. Her family took him to mexico or something like that and he brought me back a Cuban cigar which isn't legal but oh well. And yes I do like to smoke cigars occasionally so I was happy with the gift he brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment