Sunday, April 11, 2010

Student Staff Weekend!














So This weekend I went to Chicago for a Young Life Student Staff weekend. It was such a refreshing experience. I have been overloaded with homework lately so it was really good for me to just get away for a few days ( Even though I shouldn't have because I had so much homework) It was good seeing old friends that I knew from other Young Life events in the past. In the picture on the top left are some of the people we chilled with when we walked around Chicago. I know the guy in the green shirt from when I worked at this Young Life camp for a month and the other two girls are from his area. The other two guys are Mikey and Ben and they are some of my good friends/co-leaders here in Fort Dizzle. We got to eat at this popular place in Chicago called Giordanos. All I am gonna say is YUMMY IN MY TUMMY.

One thing I really took from this weekend was the realization that I need to pour into my leaders more. You can't just send people into ministry hoping that they will figure it out. You have to walk with them in ministry and allow them to do ministry the way they were made to do it. I really want to get rid of the word "volunteer" and let them see themselves as believers bringing the kingdom here on earth! I want to change my mind set where I can see them in that way as well. I want them to be the leaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment